Dry Mixing & Packaging Operator
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 6
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Shift
- Education: High School
ABOUT PRODUCTION ROLES
Canada Royal Milk will be Canada's only infant formula manufacturing facility. Located in Kingston, Ontario, Canada Royal Milk is building a world class manufacturing facility employing the most advanced dairy processing and packaging equipment available.
The success of our business relies on the Production Operators that ensure that the safety and quality of our products exceeds the expectations of customers. Production Operators are required to learn the fundamentals of the manufacturing processes and understand the mechanics of the equipment to be active participants in Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Our team members must enjoy learning new concepts and have solid problem solving skills. A safety orientation and pride in one's work are key to success in this role.
- Dry Mixing & Packaging Operators must have some experience working in manufacturing
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must be able to use and understand calculations, production rates, and fluid inventories
- Post secondary education or training and/or demonstrated ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Advanced English language skills: verbal and written comprehension
- Legally entitled to work in Canada: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Current Valid Work Permit
Reporting to the Packaging Supervisor, with frequent interaction with the Production Manager, the Dry Mixing & Packaging Operator safely operates automated dry mixing processors and packaging equipment. All work will be conducted to GMP quality standards and CIP system while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment within HACCP protocols. The Packaging Operator communicates frequently with maintenance, engineering, and quality control to ensure equipment is operating efficiently and product meets all quality standards.
The Operator ensures that the packaging equipment is operating effectively at expected output rates while ensuring the line is properly supplied. The Operator conducts visual inspections of equipment and products throughout the packaging process in accordance with company packaging SOP’s. Attention to detail and communication is essential to the packaging process.
The Packaging Operator will be cross-trained in other operational areas once they have attained mastery of the equipment.
During the commissioning of the new manufacturing facility, work hours may be irregular, requiring the incumbent to work outside of the administration hours of Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Shift work will be required when production begins, which will include days, evenings, weekends and overnights.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 25 kg (55 lbs). Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes, electronic devices, and jewelry are not permitted.
Working conditions include working outdoors and working around various detergents and sanitizing solutions ranging in temperatures from 20 degrees to 70 degrees Celsius.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for virtually the entire shift (8 to 12 hours)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Using a safety harness; may be required to climb high, restricted areas
- Shift work will include days, evenings and over-night shifts
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Packaging Operator must know the type of product in production, the silo source, and all handling procedures involved each time they begin the process;
2. Must have a full understanding of product flow from the milk silos to packaging department;
3. Master the plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for product package, labeling, inspection process, storage, HACCP, CIP and the Site-clearing Management System;
4. Ensure all quality assurance checks are performed at designated intervals;
5. Ensure all paperwork is done correctly and completely at designated intervals;
6. Ensure all recording charts are properly documented according to company and regulatory regulations;
7. Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area throughout the facility and common areas;
8. Constantly look for continuous improvement and process improvement;
9. Make decisions in a timely manner;
10. Anticipate problems and implement solutions;
11. Demonstrate good judgment in safeguarding customer, company, vendor, and employee information;
12. Assume responsibility for the attainment of plant goals and objectives;
13. Follow all GMP’s and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements;
14. Other duties may be assigned.
Education: High school or GED required OR Equivalent Related Work Experience
Experience: Some production experience in a manufacturing environment; experience in food manufacturing preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior technical experience in processing and packaging in food manufacturing is desired
- Exceptional English communication (verbal and written) skills required
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to identify problems, take appropriate steps to find solutions to problems, and implement recommended solutions
- Demonstrated positive work ethic: take initiative and communicate frequently with other team members
- Knowledge of Food Safety Programs (HACCP and GMP) is an asset
Perks & Benefits
- Life insurance coverage
- Medical, prescription, dental, and vision plans
- Long term disability insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Great pay
- On the job training
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities